Mechanical Design optimized for China Manufacturing
The job of our mechanical engineers is to realize the original ID design intent as faithfully as possible, while meeting a host of other requirements. They optimize the design of mechanical parts for robustness and aesthetics whilst ensuring a design that minimizes the cost of the injection molds and the parts themselves.
Good Mechanical DFM implies interaction with the mold makers and the assembly factory
This mechanical DFM, and the tweaking of the molds, requires a lot of interaction with the mold makers in China. Since our engineers are on the ground and speak Chinese we can achieve results at a high speed. Working side by side with our electronic engineers we can obtain the tight packages needed for portable and wearable electronic products And because DFM also implies optimization for the specific assembly factory we make sure we include their input as well. Working with the mold designers our mechanical engineering team makes sure that:
- the product looks great in all its details
- plastic parts can be injection molded without problems
- parts are cost-effective to manufacture
- parts are strong enough to withstand drop and vibration tests
- mechanisms such as gearboxes operate smoothly
- the product achieves the appropriate level of dust and water resistance (IPV)
- the assembly process at the China factory is fast and monkey proof
- the product can be easily opened for repair
3D CAD Software Our mechanical engineers use both SolidWorks and Pro-Engineer Creo 3D CAD software to facilitate collaboration with your team and third parties.
Experience with complex electro-mechanical systems
Our mechanical engineering team has extensive mechatronic experience in designing moving parts for complex mechanisms. We leverage and build on this knowledge to the projects we take on and deliver solutions that drive the overall success of a product.